UKIAH, California — Two fires burning near Clearlake combined over the weekend and have led to mandatory evacuations. The Mendocino Complex Fire has grown to 55,987 acres and is now 10% contained.
More than 10,000 structures are threatened, and 6 homes are destroyed. The fire rages north of Santa Rosa.
The flames are getting closer to Clearlake and many of the towns alongside it are under mandatory evacuations. Lakeport’s main street is a virtual ghost town.
Lakeport’s Main Street is empty – with ash falling all over the town. The Twin Pine Casino in Middletown is serving as an evacuation center.
The lake has been very quiet with no signs of any typical summer activity. The air quality does not look good.
Evacuation Orders for Mendocino Complex Fire
|· 8000 blocks of River Road
|· East of the fire edge to the Mendocino-Lake County Line
|· East of East Side Potter Valley Road to include feeder roads utilizing Burris Lane east to the Mendocino-Lake County Line
|· All driveways and homes located between the North-South points
|· South of Burris Lane to MeWhinney Creek
|· South to the intersection of Highway 175 from the Russian River east to the Lake County Line, within the North-South points.
|· Pine Avenue area of Potter Valley Road
|· Potter Valley Community; All areas north of Highway CA20
Lake County (Evacuation Advisories)
|· Highway 20 from the 6000 block to the Lake County line and into the Blue Lakes area.; Potter Valley, Burris Lane area; North of 8000 blocks of River Road to Yokayo Ranch Road
|· Upper Lake
· Lakeport and surrounding areas North of Highway CA-20, east of Mendenhall Avenue; East of Mendenhall Avenue; South of the Mendocino National Forest boundary; West of Robinson Casino
|· Big Valley Rancheria
|· Blue Lakes
|· Bachelor Valley
|· North Scotts Valley Road from the 7000 block to Highway CA20
|· Witter Springs
Lake County (Mandatory Evacuation)
- City of Lakeport
- Everything west of Highway CA-29 from Scotts Valley Road to Highland Springs Road
- Mathews Road, George Road, and Highway CA-175 to the Lake-Mendocino County Line
- North of Highway CA-20, west of Mendenhall Avenue
- West of Mendenhall Avenue
- East of the Mendocino-Lake County Line; South of Mendocino National Forest
- Everything east of Lake Mendocino County line from Scotts Creek Road to Highway CA-175
- Everything north of Highland Springs Road